A HA Moment

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

This isn't my regular (mostly) weekly post, just something I had to share while it was still on my mind.

In the last couple of days, I truly had something strike me that others have been trying to tell me for years.  I guess the timing and personal inclination were just right.  I just had to share this with all of you.

Yesterday I had a breakfast meeting with a gentleman who is a career coach.  One of our mutual connections suggested that it would be a good idea and also joined us to make the introduction. It was a good meeting. 

In the middle of the conversation, he suggested that I should be journaling throughout the career search that I find myself in.  People have told me for years that I need to do this and I've regularly ignored that recommendation.  But on this morning, in this conversation, I finally asked why he felt it was important and he gave me a great explanation.  He pointed out that people process thousands of words about multiple topics mentally, but when you write, you have to slow down and focus. It naturally causes you to go deeper in your thought process.  That made sense to me. After all these years, it finally makes sense and I had something concrete to hang on to.  Fascinating.

Fast forward to this morning and in the middle of a whole different conversation with a friend, all I can think about is that he should be writing and then using that platform as an entry into the world of professional speaking.  And, at the same time (you know - the mind can capture thousands of words about multiple topics - that's what I was doing) I also considered why I wouldn't entertain the same idea somewhere along the line, so maybe there will be a book from me somewhere in the not horribly distant future.

Anyway, just thinking today and needed to share.  More later in the week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment